Monday, May 4, 2020

About Me



I am 39 years old and grew up in Lawrence, Kansas.  I graduated from Calvary Bible College in 2005 and from Midwestern Seminary in 2014.  I have been serving as a missionary in South Sudan since 2010.

Before being a missionary I spent 15 years (starting when I was 14!) working in restaurants and bakeries, and then later serving as the youth pastor of our church in Lawrence.  As a missionary I spend most of my time training pastors and helping team mates with shopping and logistical support.  We are back in the United States for an extended period (at least six months) for some personal development and mental health needs, so with my restaurant experience and shopping/logistical work in Africa this is the perfect job for me to pass the time and support our family a bit while being furloughed.

I have one wife, Amy, and two sons, Ezekiel (7 years old) and Caleb (4 years old).  We're living in the Gladstone area and homeschooling the boys.

I started doing InstaCart in February after getting back to the USA and being quarantined for a few weeks.  We ordered InstaCart groceries and I thought, "Hey that would be a fun thing to do."  I was right, I love it!  The only thing I don't like about it is that, after I work hard to provide the best service possible to my customers, people ask me questions like "How do I make sure I get you every time?"  I wish there was a good way to do that with InstaCart, but there is not, which is why I have started my own Dumpling business!

***PS: "One wife" is a joke, if you've ever worked in Africa you didn't need that explained 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to my "Justin Can Shop for You" landing page.  Here I am posting comments from customers I've served through Ins...