Friday, May 1, 2020

What Charges Can I Expect?

When ordering with Dumpling the first time, the extra charges can seem like a lot.  The main difference when using me is that when I bring you your groceries, you will get the actual receipt I was given when I bought your items!  Believe me when I tell you (or try it for yourself) that when you order the same items from the other online platforms, the prices you pay in their "Cart" are different than what you would get in the store.  The difference with me is that you see exactly what you are paying, and you usually end up saving money.  If you want examples of this, just ask me and I can show you.

So here is what your final order will look like from Dumpling:

This is an order that someone placed from Target, but I had to go to another store to get some of the items.  So let me break this down:


  • Shopping and Delivery - This is the fee that you pay for my services.  The amount is a little different per store and there is a flat fee (Minimum) or a percentage, depending on which amount is higher.  This covers my time, mileage, and the fee I have to pay to Dumpling for you to use your credit card (which is 5% of the bottom Total).  There are a few more things to note here.
    • Additional Stores - One of the perks of using me is that I can go to shop for you at multiple stores if your order requires it, or if you just want items from more than one place!  If you place individual orders from each store, you would be paying the minimum fee multiple times, but I will combine orders as much as possible.  If you have orders that go to multiple stores, the Extra Store Fee will be added at the end of the order as an adjustment, but will be less than the minimum fee charged per order.  
      • For example, if you have a $50 order from Price Chopper, and pay the minimum of $20 for for that Shopping & Delivery, but then you also need me to pick up $50 worth of groceries from Aldi, I will do both shops on one order and just add an extra $15 to the order.
      • If you have a $100 order from Price Chopper and a $100 order from Aldi, you would just pay the 20% fee for the whole order just like it was all from one store.
    • Extra Distance - I live in Gladstone and shop at the stores closest to where I live.  I can deliver anywhere in the Kansas City Metro Area (including Lawrence), but I need to add a charge for any delivery distance over 15 miles.  I will put your address in Google Maps when I leave the store, and if the distance is over 15 miles I will add $1.50 per mile for the extra distance.  This covers my vehicle expenses (round trip) and a bit of the extra time it takes to drive (I won't charge extra if I get stuck in traffic!)
  • Individual Store Charges (In this case, Target and Festival Foods) - You see the actual receipt total for what your groceries cost in the store, and you get those receipts with your groceries.
  • Gratuity - When you place your order you can choose how much you want to tip, and you can change it after the order is delivered.  I go to great lengths to try and provide the best customer service you can expect when I communicate, handle your groceries, choose replacements and go the extra mile to get you what you need.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Welcome to my "Justin Can Shop for You" landing page.  Here I am posting comments from customers I've served through Ins...